“Your network is your net worth!
In June 2014, IAM launched this initiative to support the professional growth and development of blooming professionals, career changers & recent college graduates. As part of this initiative, IAM pairs blooming professionals with seasoned professionals. Through IAM, participants learn first-hand how to manage and maximize their mentor relationships to advance their professional development.
IAM works to support your growth by providing opportunities to connect with established professionals who will provide young professionals with access to REAL resources and connections! As part of our mentoring model, IAM strongly believes in paying it forward. Through giving back, participants further engage in the mission of IAM, the community at large and themselves.
Carefully read all of the program guidelines below.
Applying to be a Mentor & Receiving A Mentor
IAM Mentoring for Professionals: Program Expectations
- Complete online application AND submit resume by February 16, 2018.
- All applicants will be notified via email by February 20, 2018 if they will be accepted into the program.
- Complete all clearances by March 5, 2018 (copies of valid clearances accepted).
- Attend a program orientation via WEBINAR.
- Commit to mentoring a youth in the IAM Mentoring for High School Students from March 2018 – June 2018. As a mentor, you will have the flexibility to schedule time to meet with your mentee in person, speak by phone or attend any of their workshops which will be held on Thursdays from 5:30PM – 7:30PM. The expectation is that you and your mentee connect at least once a month during the program year.
- Attend required mentor matching event for you and your mentee on Thursday, March 15, 2018 from 6:00PM – 7:30PM at Temple University Main Campus.
- Participate in at least (1) IAM Community Service Project during the course of the year.
Paying it Forward
For the 2018 program year, IAM is hosting its IAM Mentoring for High School Students Program on Thursdays at Temple University. Because you will be interacting with students, IAM must receive a copy of the following clearances: PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background & FBI Fingerprinting. These are required for you to participate in the Paying it Forward service commitment. All clearances, or proof of application must be received by March 10, 2018. Please email clearances to email@example.com.