About the Program
Professionals and college students through IAM’s Network volunteer their time to work with High School Students grades 9th through 12th, helping them to develop social and professional skills to gain access to future career opportunities, develop healthier relationships and strive academically.
All volunteers through IAM have their Child Abuse Clearances, Criminal Background Checks and FBI Fingerprinting. Copies of clearances for all volunteers will be provided to the school prior to volunteers participating in the mentoring days.
IAM provides the following as an incentive for students who successfully complete the program:
- A citation or personal letter of congratulations from Philadelphia City Council to include with college and/or internship applications.
- Light dinner at each session
- Assistance applying for Paid and/or Unpaid Summer Internships
- Prizes and giveaways during workshops
- College or young professional mentor
- College tour during Spring of program year at no additional expense
All graduates of the IAM mentoring program have gone on to colleges and universities.
Program Year Duration: October 22, 2019 – May 18, 2020
Every Tuesday (except holidays) from 5:30pm – 7:30pm on the main Campus of Temple University.
Overview of Mentoring Day
5:30pm – 6:00pm Sign-in, Dinner & Ice Breaker Games (Students marked late a 6:01pm)
6:00pm – 6:15pm Student Introductions & Overview of today’s less
6:15pm – 6:30pm Quote of the Day | Journal Reflection | Group Discussion
6:30pm – 7:15pm Presentation of Today’s Topic/Lesson
7:15pm – 7:30pm Feedback Surveys | Day’s Reflection | Next Session Prep