We are excited to launch our Student Leadership Council for the 2019 – 2020 IAM Mentoring program year. This is a NEW initiative of the Influencing Action Movement to provide real-time leadership opportunities for students in the program to apply and develop the skills they have/are learning. Students selected to be on the IAM Student Leadership Council and remain in good standing through the program year, will receive a $1,000 College Scholarship which will be awarded during the program closing ceremony. Selected students will also have their $200 program registration fee waived.
- Must have completed at least (1) full IAM Mentoring Program year. This opportunity is only available to returning students.
- Must be currently a Junior or Senior in High School
- Must complete IAM Student Leadership Council application no later than Friday, October 18, 2019
- Selected students must attend Leadership Orientation Training, date TBD
- Selected students are not allowed unexcused absences and only allowed 2 excused absences during program year to receive scholarship
- Only 5 students will be selected for the leadership council. Each student will be assigned a role on the council. Roles include President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Marketing Coordinator and Financial Secretary.
- The leadership council must arrive to program each Tuesday no later than 4:30PM to prepare for each session day and hold their council meeting. Members are also expected to assist Program Manager with session break-down.
- General assignments for council members include, but are not limited to, serving as hosts for workshop presenters, leading student discussions, ordering dinner and supplies for session workshops, serving as liaison for Parent & Mentor Advisory Council, presenting student updates at IAM Board Meetings and facilitating brainstorm sessions with students to improve IAM Mentoring program.
For more questions and information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.