“Your network is your net worth!
In June 2014, IAM launched this initiative to support the professional growth and development of blooming professionals, career changers & recent college graduates. As part of this initiative, IAM pairs blooming professionals with seasoned professionals. Through IAM, participants learn first-hand how to manage and maximize their mentor relationships to advance their professional development.
IAM works to support your growth by providing opportunities to connect with established professionals who will provide young professionals with access to REAL resources and connections! As part of our mentoring model, IAM strongly believes in paying it forward. Through giving back, participants further engage in the mission of IAM, the community at large and themselves.
Carefully read all of the program guidelines below.
Applying for a Mentor | Program Expectations
- Complete online application AND submit resume by February 1, 2017.
- All applicants will be notified via email on February 4, 2017 if they will be accepted into the program. A full schedule of all 2017 program dates, including Paying it Forward opportunities, with details will be shared at this time.
- Complete all clearances by February 28, 2017
- Attend a program orientation on Thursday, February 9, 2017 in Center City from 7pm – 8pm.
- Commit to mentoring a High School Student in the IAM Mentoring for Youth program at least 4 times between February at May 2017. Students meet on Thursdays in Center City between 5pm- 7pm.
- Program participants will be matched with their mentors during the months of May and June 2017.
- Attend professional development seminars. IAM will host a seminar in May based on participants availability. The seminars will teach participants how to build and strengthen relationships with their seasoned mentors. You must attend at least (1).
Paying it Forward
For the 2017 program year, IAM is hosting its IAM Mentoring for Youth Program on Thursdays in Center City. Because you will be interacting with students, IAM must receive a copy of the following clearances: PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background & FBI Fingerprinting. These are required for you to participate in the Paying it Forward service commitment. All clearances, or proof of application must be received by February 28, 2017. Please email clearances to firstname.lastname@example.org.