IAM Mentoring Program Internship
Duration: Now – May 31, 2021
Contact: Mrs. Felicia Harris-Williams, IAM President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2011, the Influencing Action Movement (IAM) has worked to influence individuals to take action through effective communication, mentorship, community service, and networking. We run different programs throughout the year targeting various demographics enabling them to take actions that will create and build sustainable wealth in their communities, reduce violence, and develop healthier relationships. One of those programs is IAM Mentoring for High School Students. This year the IAM Mentoring program has 22 students enrolled and the program continues through May 31, 2021.
We are looking for an intern to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. The intern will help in planning and organizing program activities as well as carry out important operational duties. This is a great opportunity for a college Junior or Senior seeking to gain hands on experience in Nonprofit Management.
The intern will report directly to the IAM Founder & President and work closely with the Program Manager and Student Leadership Council. Intern will be required to complete a background check, child abuse clearances and FBI fingerprinting, as intern will also interact closely with students.
The Program intern will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Student Leadership Council to recruit and schedule presenters for virtual workshops/seminars;
- Attend weekly virtual sessions, Wednesday evenings;
- Monitor activity and post updates in IAM Mentoring mobile app;
- Work with Student Leadership Council to schedule content for IAM social media accounts and email blasts;
- Research and apply for program grants and funding opportunities;
- Work with IAM President and Program Manager to recruit and match students with mentors;
- Attend IAM virtual board meetings to report on program progress and assist with program related follow up;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be organized and detail-oriented, proficiency with Google Suite, PowerPoint, Excel or Google Sheets, and Zoom.
No phone calls please. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Opportunity to receive stipend at conclusion of Program Year (May 31, 2021).