For the past two years, the Influencing Action Movement (IAM) has operated 2 virtual mentoring programs for youth between the ages of 11 – 19. The virtual mentoring programs have allowed youth to maintain positive relationships with college students, entrepreneurs, and young professionals on its online portals — IAM Girl Talk, a Virtual Social Development program exclusively for females, and IAM Guy Talk, exclusively for males. Virtual mentoring is an alternative to traditional mentoring because long-term it is cost-effective and more importantly has the potential to be high-touch in an evolving hi-tech world.
IAM Girl Talk and IAM Guy Talk are still evolving and each day IAM is challenged to meet the needs of youth in the program while ensuring its technology platforms are both innovative and efficient. To this end, the IAM Girl Talk and IAM Guy Talk Virtual Mentoring online portals will be under construction for a period of two years while an investment is made in the infrastructure of the online platforms. However, the IAM Girl Talk and IAM Guy Talk programming will still continue while the websites themselves undergo renovations.
Monthly IAM Girl Talk and IAM Guy Talk Blog posts
IAM started as a blog in 2011, thus we have experience with engaging students and mentors through this virtual medium. During the program year, beginning September 2014, monthly blog posts on an array of different issues impacting students social and academic development will be facilitated by featured IAM Mentors – a female to post for IAM Girl Talk and a male to post for IAM guy talk. The posts will compliment each other and be released simultaneously in the middle of each month. Each featured mentor will also host an Instagram Takeover where they will take over the @influenceaction account and post quotes and pictures related to their blog posts encouraging dialogue.
Join the conversations now!
IAM Student TakeOvers
In addition to the monthly blog posts, IAM will host quarterly Student TakeOvers to include live entertainment and a panel discussion on on an array of different issues impacting students social and academic development. The MCs for the event and moderators for the panel will be the 2 featured mentors from that term. The panel will include a mix of students and mentors. The panel discussion will provide a platform for students to speak openly about keys issues.
Virtual Mentoring Portals (Returning Soon – Under Construction)
Currently for youth between the ages of 11 – 19. Our programs allow youth to maintain positive relationships with college students, entrepreneurs, and young professionals. IAM Girl Talk is a Virtual Social Development program exclusively for females and IAM Guy Talk is a exclusively for males.
- Parent Approved: IAM’s virtual mentoring programs are carefully monitored. Students are only exposed to positive influential content. All adult mentors are thoroughly screened by IAM staff and have completed criminal background checks and child abuse clearances.
- Points for Prizes: Earn reward points through active participation on websites and attending events. Points can be used for different prize give-a-ways such as concert tickets and gift certificates.
- Expand your network: Join different groups to become friends with role models and other students with shared interests.
- Exclusive, private access to online portal where members can create own usernames and passwords.
- Create personal profile, upload pictures and videos
- Keep your status updated and view other friends status updates to stay in touch
- Send messages directly to mentors any time of day
- Access to posts about scholarships, internships, jobs and more!
- Participate in blog and forum discussions on topics such as peer pressure, health and fitness, sex, resolving parental issues, relationships, etiquette, grooming and more!
For more information about our programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org