A Community Program of the Influencing Action Movement
WIM Philly, a collective of millennial small business owners and media professionals—graduates of Temple University and Spelman College—created this community with a mission to empower women and work proactively to highlight the necessity of full representation of female professionals in media.
Launched in the Spring of 2013, the inaugural Women in Media Conference was hosted at Temple University on April 6, 2013. The sold out conference gathered women from various disciplines of media to enjoy interactive workshops, networking session, lunch and refreshments, and an expert panel discussion which featured: Dyana Williams (Old School 100.3 FM), Christine Maddela (NBC 10), Anika Hawkins (6 ABC), Mina Say What (Power 99), Kharisma McIlwaine (CBS/CW), Shaniece Cole (MTV), and Jessie Holeva (Trend Hungry). By the second year, the conference sold out yet again and expanded to include the Arete of Media Award presented to women who demonstrate professional excellence and unwavering support for the advancement of women in media.
Make a Donation to Support WIM Philly
3rd Annual Women in Media Conference
CALLING ALL LEADERS!
Women in media are in for an empowering experience thanks to WIM (Women in Media) Philly presenting the 3rd Annual Women in Media Conference at Impact Hub on Saturday, September 19th, 2015.
Click here to Register!
WIM Philly has a vision of seeing an increase in the visibility of women in media both in front of and behind the scenes. This year we are calling all women who are leaders in life and media, and challenging each of you to take the next 12 months to:
- Help flood the media and social media with women-focused stories
- Commit to produce a project that brings positive attention to a woman in media or a women-related issue/cause
- Elevate women behind the scenes of media by finding a WIM sister at the event who will be your accountability and creative partner in this mission
Registrants for the 2015 conference will enjoy:
- A dynamic keynote address by Loraine Ballard Morrill (Director of News & Community Affairs, iHeart Media)
- Opening remarks
- Interactive workshops
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Women in Media expert panel discussion including Sabrina Vourvolias (Managing Editor, Al Dia News) & Bex (On Air Personality 96.5 AMP Radio), and Desiree Peterkin-Bell (City of Philadelphia Representative and Mayor’s Director of Communications)
- “Media Marketplace” featuring businesses and services (print, radio, graphic design, online publications)
- Gift bags
Click here to Register!
Conference Sponsored By: Love Arts Design Studios, Eatible Delights Catering, Impact Hub Philadelphia, Community College of Philadelphia, Philly Screen Print, PhillyCAM, The City of Philadelphia and Influencing Action Movement