“Your network is your net worth!
In June 2014, IAM launched this initiative to support the professional growth and development of blooming professionals, career changers & recent college graduates. As part of this initiative, IAM pairs blooming professionals with seasoned professionals. Through IAM, participants learn first-hand how to manage and maximize their mentor relationships to advance their professional development.
IAM works to support your growth by providing opportunities to connect with established professionals who will provide young professionals with access to REAL resources and connections! As part of our mentoring model, IAM strongly believes in paying it forward. Through giving back, participants further engage in the mission of IAM, the community at large and themselves.
Carefully read all of the program guidelines below.
Applying to be a Mentor & Receiving A Mentor
IAM Mentoring for Professionals: Program Expectations
- Complete online application AND submit resume by January 15, 2019.
- Complete all clearances by January 1, 2019 (copies of valid clearances accepted).
- Attend a program orientation via WEBINAR in January 2019.
- Commit to mentoring a youth in the IAM Mentoring for High School Students starting December 13, 2018. As a mentor, you will have the flexibility to schedule time to meet with your mentee in person, speak by phone or attend any of their workshops which will be held on Thursdays from 5:30PM – 7:30PM. The expectation is that you and your mentee connect at least once a month during the program year.
- Attend required mentor matching event for you and your mentee on Thursday, December 13 from 6:30PM – 8:00PM, Location TBD.
Paying it Forward
For the 2018 -2019 program year, IAM is hosting its IAM Mentoring for High School Students Program on Thursdays at Temple University. Because you will be interacting with students, IAM must receive a copy of the following clearances: PA Child Abuse & PA Criminal Background. These are required for you to participate in the Paying it Forward service commitment. All clearances, or proof of application must be completed by January 1, 2019. Please email clearances to firstname.lastname@example.org.